how we can
- Expand successful programs, including work-and-learn, pathways, and retooling/retraining
- Access to skilled workforce
- New programs to help introduce women and girls to manufacturing
- New curriculum for K-8 to introduce manufacturing to 6,000 students in Utah
- Leverage federal programs from the Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Leverage state programs for veteran and small businesses to support defense manufacturing.
- Collaborate among Utah research institutions and defense community to match research to the defense manufacturing requirements.
- New research project of how composites can support the AFRL and continue research of using coal to develop carbon fiber as a lower-cost material for DoD aircraft.
- Improve agility of defense manufacturing supply chain by adding functionality to the CONNEX-Utah supply chain that includes workforce, research, and additive manufacturing.
- Develop plan for reshoring manufacturing to Utah
- Engage in supply chain development for the USAF Agility Prime program for advanced air mobility